Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Bring Back Lite Discussion
Bring Back Lite Discussion
Sep 6 2008, 7:39 pm
By: Dapperdan  

Sep 6 2008, 7:39 pm Dapperdan Post #1



We used to have 'Lite Discussion', that happy medium between Null and Serious Discussion. Then IP imploded it without warning! :O I recommend that we bring it back, because the separation between Null and Serious Discussion is far too great and often leaves certain topics directly in the middle with nowhere to go. Here are a couple more recent examples: Mapmaking and Life isn't fair. Both have been moved to null, but were formerly in SD. I know Moose and a few others agree with me on this one, so let's see what the rest of the community has to think. Perhaps we can get a polling both going.



None.

Sep 6 2008, 7:55 pm JaFF Post #2



I'm not exactly sure if the community is ready for LD. I'd wait for SC2, get more members, then bring back LD as it will sattisfy thegrowing need for the 'middle' topics' placement. I don't think that what we can put there now will be enough to keep the forum active.

In short, the community is not active enough to spread the topics into more forums, IMO.



None.

Sep 6 2008, 9:49 pm Centreri Post #3

Relatively ancient and inactive

Eh. It won't hurt. It is annoying how much stuff is lumped under Null.



None.

Sep 6 2008, 9:57 pm Fisty Post #4



I would like to see it come back, but at the same time, Jaff is right. The community has lost alot of members since V4.



None.

Sep 6 2008, 11:05 pm FatalException Post #5



Lite Discussion is good for us.

Although, I would like the name to be spelled correctly. >.>



None.

Sep 6 2008, 11:06 pm Demented Shaman Post #6



Quote from FatalException
Although, I would like the name to be spelled correctly. >.>
I like the spelling the way it is. "Light" would be stupid.



None.

Sep 7 2008, 7:55 pm Centreri Post #7

Relatively ancient and inactive

... I'm fairly sure I was the original person who suggested that the medium forum (not sure if it was rename of it or the creation of it - bad memory :P) be named Light Discussion. Sadly, Moose didn't like it and made it 'Lite'. Light > Lite.

Hey, maybe Doodle has the thread in his archive.



None.

Sep 7 2008, 9:32 pm Moose Post #8

Armor: 90.50%

I never changed the name.
I do think it should be brought back though.




Sep 7 2008, 10:19 pm Kaias Post #9



I don't think we should divide up the discussion too much.

So I'll support this when SC2 comes around.



None.

Sep 7 2008, 10:19 pm ClansAreForGays Post #10



Why are we always assuming that we will be getting a rush of new members from SC2?




Sep 7 2008, 10:24 pm Kaias Post #11



Quote from ClansAreForGays
Why are we always assuming that we will be getting a rush of new members from SC2?
A rush? Not really. But with such an enticing editor there will definitely be a new batch of people coming in.

Plus people always have questions, whether we have the answers or not.



None.

Sep 7 2008, 10:42 pm ClansAreForGays Post #12



Quote from Kaias
Quote from ClansAreForGays
Why are we always assuming that we will be getting a rush of new members from SC2?
A rush? Not really. But with such an enticing editor there will definitely be a new batch of people coming in.

Plus people always have questions, whether we have the answers or not.
But why are they going to come HERE. The editor was be much closer to WorldEdit and we have been complete snubbed by the blizzard community higher ups in charge of PR relations with fan sites. A lot of the reason we got huge was because of our name when people googled staredit. The new edit will not be called staredit or staredit2 so we really wh=on't be seeing the same results.




Sep 8 2008, 12:50 am Kaias Post #13



Quote from ClansAreForGays
Quote from Kaias
Quote from ClansAreForGays
Why are we always assuming that we will be getting a rush of new members from SC2?
A rush? Not really. But with such an enticing editor there will definitely be a new batch of people coming in.

Plus people always have questions, whether we have the answers or not.
But why are they going to come HERE. The editor was be much closer to WorldEdit and we have been complete snubbed by the blizzard community higher ups in charge of PR relations with fan sites. A lot of the reason we got huge was because of our name when people googled staredit. The new edit will not be called staredit or staredit2 so we really wh=on't be seeing the same results.
Hmm, I thought about that as I was typing. I guess we'll just have to make maps so awesome that they'll come here looking for the real Pro Mappers.



None.

Sep 8 2008, 1:15 am Moose Post #14

Armor: 90.50%

I suspect most of the members here are because of word-of-mouth and battle.net based advertising.
Considering there are no statistics on how people found SEN, I wouldn't make any judgment calls. I suppose I could set up a poll of some sort and see if SC2's new editor name should be a concern.




Sep 8 2008, 1:37 am Vi3t-X Post #15



ScumEdit.Net
SEN.



None.

Sep 8 2008, 3:04 am Moose Post #16

Armor: 90.50%

Except we can't just take URLs because we feel like it.
http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=scumedit&tld=net
http://www.scumedit.net/




Sep 8 2008, 3:09 am Demented Shaman Post #17



We may not draw many people playing SC2 with our current name, but it doesn't matter. There's plenty of other reasons for people to come here for SC2 such as our long history with SC. I'm sure things like word of mouth will come into play.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Dem0n